The helpline is open on weekdays from 8 am to 3 pm. The helpline is intended for Turku residents and provides advice related to coronavirus. There is a callback service.
THE CENTRALISED CORONAVIRUS HELPLINE OF SCHOOL AND STUDENT HEALTH CARE, TEL. +358 2 266 2012
Helpline is available between 8 am and 3 pm from Monday to Thursday and between 8 am and 12 pm (noon) on Friday. Calls are taken by nurses in school and student health care.
They provide guidance and instructions in matters related to coronavirus. When necessary,they also provide referrals for coronavirus testing. The service is intended for pupils in basic education, upper secondary school students and students in vocational institutions and universities of applied sciences. In other matters related to health and wellbeing, please contact the school nurse of your school.
Translation may not be 100% accurate of the original content.
INFORMATION IN DIFFERENT LANGUAGES
- Latest coronavirus news in Arabic, in Somali, in Kurdish and in Persian (YLE)
- Information on coronavirus in 12 languages (InfoFinland)
DID YOU RECEIVE AN ALERT OF POTENTIAL EXPOSURE THROUGH KORONAVILKKU?
If the Koronavilkku app notifies you about potential exposure, follow the instructions given through the app. If you experience symptoms matching coronavirus, call the coronavirus helpline or complete a symptom assessment through Omaolo. If you don't experience symptoms, you don't need to contact anyone.
If you have symptoms matching respiratory tract infection or you suspect coronavirus infection, it is important to get tested for coronavirus. The test is free of charge. Please only select one of the two options below, as the personnel of Turku health stations handles contact requests coming through both channels in order of receipt.
- Complete an assessment of symptoms for coronavirus online using the Omaolo service. Wait until you are contacted through the service.
- You can complete an online assessment of your symptoms at any time. You will be contacted through the Omaolo service on weekdays between 8 am and 3:30 pm.
- On the basis of your symptoms, the Omaolo service may offer you an opportunity to book a time slot for getting tested. This only applies to Turku residents.
- Times slots can be booked through Omaolo 24/7 on weekdays (booking is not possible during weekends). The availability of time slots has been good.
People aged under 15
Since 7 December 2020, it has been possible for guardians to handle affairs on behalf of a child aged between 1 and 15 through Omaolo. The guardian of a child that is resident in Turku can complete the symptom assessment through Omaolo on behalf of their child and book a time slot for testing on weekdays. During weekends, symptom assessments will first be checked by a health care professional. Omaolo service indicates who the customer is representing at each moment. People aged over 10 but under 18 will be notified about their coronavirus test results by contacting the number they have indicated in the patient information system.
Contact the coronavirus helpline of the health station, the coronavirus helpline of school and student health care or your occupational health care. During weekends, call the joint emergency services of the Turku region.
- the coronavirus helpline of the City of Turku, tel. +358 2 266 2714
- the centralised coronavirus helpline of school and student health care, tel. +358 2 266 2012
- joint emergency services of the Turku region, tel. +358 2 313 8800
- Medical Helpline (during weekends), tel. 116 117
The health care professionals will interview you, evaluate the situation and give further instructions over the phone. Please note that the coronavirus helpline is often busy.
Where to get tested?
- Tykslab units
- Varissuo health station (Mon-Fri from 9 am to 11 am and from 12 pm to 2 pm.)
- Timetable of coronavirus prevntion bus on weekdays:
Halinen, Huudi (address Gregorius IX:n tie 8, Mon–Fri 9 am–11 am)
Perno, sand field located opposite Höveli (address Hyrköistentie 26, Mon–Fri 12 noon–2 pm)
Psychosocial support helpline offers help for worry and anxiety caused by coronavirus
The helpline is open on weekdays Mon-Fri between 8:30 am and 11 am, tel. +358 40 619 4361.
Psychosocial support helpline is closed between Christmas Eve 2020 and January 3 2021.